First of all let me say thanks to all of those who read my blog post yesterday about looking for new ideas. It is very encouraging to know that you all are interested in reading what I have to write. The Lord recently placed a burden upon my heart to use the website (www.australianmissionary.wordpress.com) as a discipleship tool for Australian Believers in local Churches.
Many of them desire to learn more about Scripture and how it can applied to daily life. I am a firm believer in the fact that discipleship must take place through the Church. That is the reason why I am currently trying to plant small groups that will meet during the week for the purpose of discipleship within each Church in the community.
Even though these small groups are ideal not everyone will be able to attend one. I feel the Lord leading me to write posts for my blog that teach truth in a way that is practical so that it can be lived out. Of course that is a huge vision that still allows me to write about five or ten different subjects at once. So the next step is to find specific subjects that people are interested in, and can be applied to daily life.
So this is where you all come in. I have listed seven subjects below that in my mind could be taught and discussed on my blog. Any of these would be good, but I would like your input in which one you would like to learn more about. I am currently praying about God’s Will in the situation, but also like to know which one of these subjects attract the most interest.
The easiest way to vote for a subject is leaving a comment on this blog post. But you can also comment or send me an email on my facebook page. And for those who are on twitter, you can send me a message that way (jhwilburn). Thanks again for your interest in my ministry, and I appreciate your prayers that God would help me develop this blog into a teaching tool.
• Biblical Confrontation: We all have situations where people have offended or sinned against us. We know that it is necessary to approach that person and confront the issues so that restitution can be made. This subject will discuss how to do this in a way that is loving, and at the same time firm.
• Fear of Men: We are told in Scripture to fear God, but most of the time we fear other men more than we fear Him. These posts will discuss how to overcome peer pressure, codependency, and low self esteem
• Depression: Though most of us don’t deal with clinical depression, we do go through depressing and discouraging seasons in our lives. This study will explain where those feelings come from, and how to deal with them.
• Who we are in Christ: A study of the cross of Jesus Christ, and the relationship with God that we have as a result of His finished work
• An External Ministry: Discusses how to plant small group Bible Studies that will reach out to the unsaved around us.
• A Portrait of God: Study of Theology, what it teaches us about God, and how that should impact our daily life
• Becoming Unique: Overview of principles that allow individuals to become great leaders, and accomplish more with their lives.