Today for my prayer update I decided to do something different and share some future ministry goals that hopefully will be accomplished in mid July. The only problem with that is once I started thinking about the future my mind couldn’t stop thinking about where I would like to be (both personally and in ministry) when I returned home for my next furlough in about two years. Its an interesting experience allowing yourself to dream about where you would like to be in the future, it brings lots of emotions (excitement, fear, hope, depression, confusion) all at the same time! Anyways I thought it would help me to write out some of the goals (in no particular order) as a personal challenge to actually pursue them, and also so you as my friends can help me accomplish those with God’s help. Feel free to pray with me about them, while adding your thoughts and advice. And while you’re at it, why not ask where you see yourself in two years?
In Two Years I Would Like To Be……..
1. Preparing to plant a Baptist Church in Melbourne
2. Ministering in a local school four days a week
3. With a Permanent Residency Visa in Melbourne Australia
4. with $300 more monthly support than I currently receive
5. Teaching discipleship material I created to Believers in local Baptist Churches
6. Starting a second core group of Young Adults who meet at my home once a week
7. Mentoring a young adult for leadership in a local Church
8. Ready to run my first marathon
9. In a Dating Relationship, or Engaged (come on, who doesn’t want to be in love?)
10. Furthering my education by taking classes in Biblical Counseling