A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post about the things I miss from Melbourne and wanted to follow that up with a list of things I have been able to experience again in America (and make my Aussie friends jealous).
It is strange having my heart in two different places (the place I was born and the place God has called me to) but there is encouragement in the fact that the Lord has truly placed a love in my heart for both.
What I love about America
1. There is such a thing as free refills
2. McDonalds sells value meals starting with the medium size french fries
3. Wal-Mart…and being able to drink my precious Diet Dr. Thunder again
4. Starbucks on every corner
5. Brand new video games sell for $50
6. Nobody makes fun of my accent (okay less people make fun of my accent)
7. Being able to watch four college football games at the same time Saturday night
8. You can pay at the pump for gas/fuel
9. When you talk about sausage gravy people don’t give you a confused look
10. Bojangles, Wendy’s, Hardees, Arby’s, and Taco Bell (none of them in Australia)
11. People smile when you jog by them on the nature trails
12. The Sunday night NFL game actually comes on SUNDAY NIGHT (instead of Monday with the time difference)
13. Real Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: not the frozen dough ones in Melbourne which don’t deserve to bear the Krispy Kreme name
14. I represent the Nation of Australia in the eyes of most people: very scary
15. Amazon does their free shipping here
16. Netflix…Will have serious withdraw symptoms when I go back to Melbourne
17. You will frequently be called honey (hun for short)
18. $5.50 movie tickets (and $1.50 popcorn or drink once a week)
19. American Sports Talk Radio
20. Andy Griffith reruns
So there you have it folks; if your interested in eating fatty foods, going to the movies, watching TV, or catching the latest game then yall come on down to America.
USA! USA! USA!